Winter Farmhouse Braised Roast
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 2 HOURS
650g Rose Veal Chuck Roast
1 Red Onion, Diced
1 tbsp Plain Flour
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
3 Carrots, Roughly Chopped
1 Parsnip, Roughly Chopped
1 Leek, Chopped into 2.5cm Rounds
5 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced Into Quarters
600ml Homemade Chicken Stock
250ml White Wine
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Heat a splash of Olive Oil in a large ovenproof pan, then place the Veal into the Oil and let it brown on all sides.
- Set the meat aside while you add the diced onion to the pan and cook until softened.
- Stir in the Plain Flour, then add the Tomato Purée, Carrots, Parsnip, Leek and Garlic.
- Place the meat back in the pan.
- Pour the Stock and Wine over the meat and vegetables then bring to the boil.
- Now reduce the liquid to a simmer, cover the pan with a lid and pop into the preheated Oven for 2 hours or until the meat is starting to pull apart easily and the sauce has thickened up.
- You can serve this dish with a mound of buttery mashed potatoes for a delicious, cosy meal to warm up the coldest of nights.
Source - For The Love Of The Land (https://thelittlewhitelamb.co.uk/products/for-the-love-of-the-land-cookbook?_pos=1&_sid=4379871ae&_ss=r)