Creamy Pork Medallions
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
6 (about 300g) Pork Fillet Medallions
6 Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp Oil
1 Large Apple, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
50ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
50ml Double Cream
1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Wrap a rasher of Bacon around each Medallion and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the Medallions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side ensuring the bacon crisps up nicely around the outside.
- Add he Apple to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Once the Pork is cooked, transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Add the Cider to the pan with the Apples and stir, then add the stock, cream and mustard and simmer until reduced and thickened.
- Return the Medallions and any juices back to the pan and simmer for a further minute until the Pork is heated through, then remove from the heat and serve.
- Perfect with Honey Roast Parnsips and Creamy Mashed Potato.
Source - For The Love Of The Land (https://thelittlewhitelamb.co.uk/products/for-the-love-of-the-land-cookbook?_pos=1&_sid=4379871ae&_ss=r)